We're looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is building a career platform for employees and recruiters built on the principles of data openness, quantitative evaluation, and self-improvement. The core of the platform is a data augmentation and analytics layer that helps users visualize an individual’s “human capital” with a single, intelligible score. A user's score quantifies their work experience and education, and is further enriched by proprietary data signals to provide a holistic ranking of professionals in the same functional role. Our goal is to help all users understand how everyone “stacks up” without having to parse individual resumes or LinkedIn profiles and ask for referrals or recommendations.
Our company has raised $26M to date–-although we are still pre-product. We have a remote global engineering team of 7 at the moment. Company leadership is based in Los Angeles. We are a fast moving startup that takes pride in a fast iteration style and transparency. We want to work with high-energy do-ers with heavy bias for action.
Our data pipeline process a large amount of data using Python running on AWS. The backend API is built with Node.js. The frontend is React based using Next.js. It’s a green field project with no legacy code. Come join us, it’ll be fun!
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 4+ years of full-time hands-on Front-End engineering experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- 2+ years of React.js experience.
- Experience building complex, data-driven websites.
- Experience with our FE stack: Nextjs, Typescript, GraphQL, Tailwind CSS.
- Experience with FE testing packages like Cypress and React Testing Library.
- Enthusiastic about solving difficult problems as we find product market fit.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Bias towards action and desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience building social platforms.
- Experience with job board sites.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200+ by the end of 2023. The current client size team is 50 people. It’s exciting to be a part of the solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.