We're looking for strong Fullstack Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is pioneering the peer-to-peer returns space for the betterment of our planet. The "return-at-will" process is too costly and environmentally damaging. We solve this by allowing retailers to ship and sell their returns directly to another happy customer, keeping more profits in their pockets and decreasing their carbon footprint. There are no winners and losers with peer-to-peer returns; it's a win-win-win for retailers, consumers, and the planet.
Our stack is Python / FastAPI on the backend, React.js SPA and Next.js on the frontend, running on AWS. We’re a funded startup. This is a unique opportunity for you to influence the technological direction of the new platform we’re building.
What’s in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on software engineering experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- 2+ years of Python Backend experience.
- 1+ years of React.js experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong business sense.
- Ability to understand tradeoffs.
- Ownership over product deliveries.
- Detail oriented and knowledge of good practices.
Nice to haves
- FastAPI experience.
- Experience with 3rd party integrations like Shopify and BigCommerce.
- AWS experience.
- Docker experience.
- TypeScript experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200 by the end of the year. The current client team size is 10 people. You’ll be making impactful and meaningful contributions as a part of a tight team coming from well known companies like Shopify, Meta (Facebook), Lyft and more.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.