Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a strong Full Stack Software Engineer Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We're pioneering peer-to-peer returns for the betterment of our planet.
The "return-at-will" process is too costly and environmentally damaging. We solve this by allowing retailers to ship and sell their returns directly to another happy customer, keeping more profits in their pockets and decreasing their carbon footprint. There are no winners and losers with peer-to-peer returns; it's a win-win-win for retailers, consumers, and the planet.
You will join an early-stage funded startup and will drive the direction of the platform and how the engineering will run for the next years, Working with creating a whole new marketplace segment using React.js and FastAPI, using tech to solve environmental issues. Join us, it will be fun!
What’s in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 3+ years of full-time hands-on programming experience as a software engineer.
- 1+ years experience with Python in the Back End (we use FastAPI).
- 1+ years of experience with React.js.
- 2 hours overlap with the Mountain Time Zone (UTC−06:00)
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong business sense.
- Ability to understand tradeoffs.
- Ownership over product deliveries.
- Detail-oriented and knowledgeable of good practices.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with FastAPI
- Experience with 3rd party integrations like Shopify
- AWS experience
- Docker experience
- TypeScript experience
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. It’s exciting to be a part of a solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
● Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own. ● Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done. ● Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.