Head of Engineering
We're looking for a Head Engineering. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We're expanding financial access across the globe, recognizing the crucial role small businesses play in driving the economy. We believe that they deserve to own a piece of it. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs worldwide, providing them with the tools to control their financial destiny.💸 Through blockchain-based financing and a range of flexible financial services, we cater to businesses in emerging markets. We not only support them, but also reward them with ownership, fostering the creation of wealth and prosperity. These are the communities that have long been underserved or exploited by traditional financial institutions. Our dynamic and fun-loving team is spread across key locations such as LA, NYC, Nairobi, Manila, and Bangalore. We're proud to have garnered support from leading fintech and crypto investors, including TCG Crypto, BlockTower Capital, Saison Capital, Draft Ventures, Hashed Emergent, Flori Ventures, Global Coin Research, and notable angels like Packy McCormick, Anand Iyer, Kinjal Shah, and Jared Hecht.🌏🌍🌎
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- Upper-Intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- 7+ years of full-time hands-on experience in Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on experience with Java backend.
- 3+ years of full-time hands-on experience with Front End development (flutter, angular, react, Vue).
- 2+ years of full-time hands-on experience as a Tech Lead.
- Experience in managing small teams of up to 12.
- Experience and successful track record of executing a product roadmap.
- Ability to hire and expand the engineering team
- Strong proactive communication skills.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Flutter experience.
- Experience working in startups.
- Chinese language proficiency.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 100 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 20+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.