Lead Web Engineer
We're looking for a Lead Web Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance provides top-tier technology talent for innovative companies in the US. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We're is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand yoga, meditation, Pilates, and fitness classes with world-class teachers.
Details of the team and the environment:
- Oversee and lead a team of 3 engineers.
- Bring a tangible impact across the company.
- Take ownership of technical deliverables for the Web team.
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best people around you. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, and positively impact many people's lives while having fun doing it.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on coding experience.
- 4+ years of full-time hands-on experience with React.js.
- 1+ year of full-time hands-on experience as a Tech Lead.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously, while also helping to mentor junior and intermediate developers on the team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- Confidence to make educated decisions that influence the architecture of our applications.
- Attention to detail and an eye for design.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ember.js experience.
- Backend Node.js experience.
- Tech lead experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, the latest technologies, and consistent processes to help companies scale.
What is the lenght of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years. It allows you to evolve your career with the client company taking on more responsibilities.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. The current client size team is 13+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.