We're looking for a Project Manager. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our company is seeking an experienced technical project manager to work directly with the engineering team, managing projects from inception to launch and post-launch reporting. We are a world-class start-up that provides access to a shared closet where members can borrow designer handbags, jewelry, and diamonds. We are a venture-backed, high-growth business that offers competitive compensation in a creative, flexible environment that invests in its professionals.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering. Vivrelle is headquartered in New York City, but this role can be fully remote.
Your responsibilities will include: ● Plan, execute, monitor, track and report on technology projects using Agile development processes & techniques. ● Develop project plans and schedules, including scope, resources, budgets, and timelines. ● Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional teams, including software developers, quality assurance, and product management ● Monitor and report on project progress, including status updates and risk management. ● Facilitate communication between team members, stakeholders, and clients. ● Ensure that all project deliverables meet the required quality standards and are completed on time. ● Conduct project reviews and retrospectives to identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement. ● Manage agile sprint cycles - Scrum Master, grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives. ● Document current processes and pushing the business forward by defining new processes with an eye for efficiency. ● KPI definition, tracking and reporting. ● JIRA management. ● Engineering calendar management.
What’s in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on Project Management experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- Jira usage and administration experience.
- Experience running SCRUM ceremonies.
- Understanding of basic software engineering language and concepts.
- Experience defining and tracking KPIs for agile engineering teams.
- Experience managing cross functional projects (between Marketing, Engineering, Operations, etc).
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Experience with note taking during meetings.
Nice to haves
- Experience administering vendors (managing contract renewal schedule, etc).
- Experience with interview scheduling.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200+ by the end of 2023. The current client size team is 50 people. It’s exciting to be a part of the solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.