We're looking for a QA Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We're a fast-growing, pioneering financial wellness start-up that invests heavily in the growth and development of its team members. As a financial education company, we provide a turn-key collaborative money mentorship solution that’s derived from the belief that our financial mentors are the last great hope for educating the working population on healthy money habits and positive behavior change. We seek to spread financial literacy by creating custom programs tailored to organizational needs that ease monetary stress and equip employees with how to plan for their future.
Support the development of our web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment, have a deep understanding of best practices for performance / stress / load testing and have solid attention to detail. Our platform leverages .NET, Azure DevOps, AWS, Docker. There are a lot of fun things to work on such as appointment scheduling system, live video integration, subscription services, payments, and so on.
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
4+ years of hands-on full-time experience as a QA Engineer.
4+ years of hands-on full-time experience with Manual QA.
2+ years of hands-on full-time experience with Mobile testing.
4+ years of hands-on full-time experience with Web application testing.
Advanced speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
Experience with testing of both desktop and mobile web applications.
Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex issues using tools like Postman, Charles Proxy, Chrome Tools, Firebase, TestFlight or equivalent.
Demonstrated ability in testing mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms across variety of devices.
Solid experience in writing detailed documentation/tickets using tools like Jira & Confluence.
Work well in an agile/scrum development environment.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to have fun in a small team environment.
1. QA Automation experience.
2. Experience in a growth stage company/startup.
3. Familiarity with automation tools like Selenium, Postman, Python or equivalent.
4. Ability to perform SQL Database queries.
5. Familiar with CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps/Jenkins and deployment methodologies.
6. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. The current client size team is 20+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.