We're looking for a QA Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We're a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
Continuing to build and evolve our automation framework using Selenium for the UI automation, we use Spring Boot for backend test automation as well with most of its features. Our backend API is also in Java / Spring Boot, so you'll start understanding the backend code too. We're committed to innovation, constantly putting together new POCs and testing new approaches to make things even better.
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
4+ years of hands-on full-time QA Engineer experience.
2+ years of hands-on full-time experience with QA Manual.
2+ years of hands-on full-time experience with QA Automation.
2+ years of hands-on full-time experience with Selenium.
2+ years of hands-on full-time experience with Java or C#.
UI automation experience.
API automation experience.
Experience working in a fast paced environment.
Willingness to take ownership of the release process and performing releases is required.
1. Financial domain knowledge.
2. DevOps release related experience.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 100 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 450+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.