QA Manual Engineer
We're looking for a QA Manual Engineer to join our team. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a leading software solutions provider in the online advertising market. The platform streamlines the ad sales processes for some of the most prominent publishers on the Web.
We’re committed to continuous innovation by using the latest technologies in the cloud arena. We’re moving to microservices, optimizing the flow of data in the AdTech stack to connect publishers and advertisers in a meaningful way.
You'll be working with a large scale system involving a lot of features, working with terabytes of data in our database. Performance is important for our team, as well as scalability. Constantly challenging the status quo, we're always improving our processes. Your voice will be heard.
You'll make an impact on the team by utilizing your technological experience.
Our stack is .NET on the backend, moving to .NET Core with SQL Server deployed to Azure Cloud. On the frontend, we’re using Vue.js. Our release pipeline is streamlined with CI/CD running on Azure pipelines. For our infrastructure, we believe in managing it as code, currently using Terraform to do so. Some of our services use Azure functions, as well as running in containers on Kubernetes. Having a lot of fun doing it, join us!
What’s in it for you
1. Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
2. Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
4. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
6. Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
1. 2+ years of professional full-time QA experience.
2. 1+ years of professional SQL experience.
3. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
4. Basic understanding of SDLC.
5. Basic understanding of QA strategy.
6. Basic understanding of quality test cycle.
7. Experience creating and documenting test cases.
8. Strong analytical abilities.
9. Familiarity with automated testing and how it works together with the QA strategy.
10. Solid troubleshooting skills..
Nice to haves
1. A formal Computer Science or equivalent degree.
2. Zephyr experience.
3. CI/CD system experience (we use Azure Pipelines).
4. Cloud experience (preferably Azure).
5. API Testing experience with Postman(SOAP and Rest).
6. Selenium or equivalent experience.
7. Software development experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 10 - 15 engineers. The current client team size is 30 engineers expanding to 50 engineers by the end of this year . It’s exciting to be a part of this growth making some meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning as well as open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.