We're looking for a strong React engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is changing the way consumers purchase and get support for new technology. They are a leading independent, nationwide on-demand technology support platform that provides affordable, same-day on-site and 24/7 online tech support services. Utilizes a network of thousands of independent technicians throughout the US that are hand-selected, vetted and background-checked to provide a top-notch customer experience for a wide range of services, including computer support, smart home device installation, home office setup, and product sales.
You’ll help to build scalable, robust, solutions that provide a smooth customer experience. You’ll be responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tier distributed software applications and tools.
Innovate with us and showcase your work to millions of users across the United States. The technology stack includes a Kubernetes microservice environment, each service with a separate PostgreSQL datastore. We use Kafka to communicate between our microservices written in Ruby on Rails and Go serving 10 million events per month. The backend powers our web and mobile applications written in the latest React.js and React Native. We’re following the best practices on the frontend using Redux Toolkit, Redux, Zustand, Next.js, TypeScript, and latest post hooks React. Also, Cypress & Jest testing. Join us, it’ll be fun!
What’s in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely at the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 4+ years of full-time hands-on coding experience.
- 3+ years of full-time hands-on work experience with React.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent level of verbal English.
- Passion for building top-notch software applications and tools.
- Customerexperiencemindset-greatoverallallunderstandingandknowledgeofhow the UI will be used.
- Experience working with other engineers within a team and across teams - team player, proactiveness, working directly with PM and the rest of the team.
- Thrives in being an individual contributor, loves writing code and delivery focused.
- Ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software as well as build new product features.
- SDLC - test your code - deploy your stuff - know when refactor when not to
- Experience managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables - working with product on priorities, communicating and managing time effectively, getting stuff done on time, low maintenance, and self sufficient.
- Ability to estimate features accurately.
Nice to haves
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. It’s exciting to be a part of a solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.