We're looking for a strong React engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is changing the way consumers purchase and get support for new technology. Is the leading independent, nationwide on-demand technology support platform that provides affordable, same-day on-site and 24/7 online tech support services. Utilizes a network of thousands of independent technicians throughout the US that are hand-selected, vetted, and background-checked to provide a top-notch customer experience for a wide range of services, including computer support, smart home device installation, home office setup, and product sales.
You’ll help to build scalable, robust, rock-solid solutions that provide a smooth customer experience. You’ll be responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support oflarge-scale, multi-tier distributed software applications and tools.
Innovate with us and showcase your work to millions of users across the United States. The technology stack includes a Kubernetes microservice environment, each service with a separate PostgreSQL datastore. We use Kafka to communicate between our microservices written in Ruby on Rails and Go serving 10 million events per month. The backend powers our web and mobile applications written in the latest React.js and React Native. We’re following the best practices on the frontend using Redux Toolkit, Redux, Zustand, Next.js, TypeScript, and latest post hooks React. Also, Cypress & Jest testing. Join us, it’ll be fun!
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
- 4+ years of full-time hands-on coding experience.
- 2+ years of full-time hands-on work experience with React.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent level of verbal English.
- Passion for building top-notch software applications and tools.
- Unit testing experience with Jest or similar.
- Customer experience mindset. Clear understanding how the UI will be used.
- Proactive communication skills.
- Experience working with other engineers within a team and across teams.
- Thrives in being an individual contributor, loves writing code and delivery focused.
- Ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software as well as build new product features.
- Experience managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Ability to estimate features accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Redux Toolkit experience.
- Experience with end to end testing using Cypress or similar.
- Next.js experience.
- Experience with performance optimizations.
- Big O notation.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 30+ engineers looking to double in the next 12 months. The current client size team is 80+ engineers and more than 325 employees in total.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning as well as open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.