Senior Backend Software Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Senior Backend Software Engineer will work with business development, data, and product teams to solve tough problems and challenges through development and automation. Our team culture is a unique combination of structured vision and process maturity. In this role, you will be developing innovative cloud-based backend solutions and support current integrations, including deploying integration components in development/production environments.
We’re using Serverless (AWS Lambda & API Gateway), Node.js, MongoDB on the backend, Angular on the frontend. Transmitting 5TB of data per month between all Kiosk devices. Come join us, it won’t be boring!
Come join us, it’ll be fun!
What’s in it for you
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
7+ years of full-time hands-on Backend Engineering experience.
2. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
3. 5+ years of full-time hands-on Node.js experience.
4. 3+ years of full-time hands-on MongoDB experience.
5. Experience developing Cloud applications with API management and distributed microservices based architecture.
6. Experience with data modeling and patterns using NoSQL database technology.
8. Ability to challenge and improve the underlying technology stack.
Nice to haves
1. Willingness to perform all other related duties as required.
2. Experience or burning desire to work with TypeScript.
3. Ability to drive performance tuning, automation, monitoring, and testability.
4. Frontend experience.
5. Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions and troubleshoot.
6. Serverless / AWS Lambda experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 150+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.