Senior TEST Engineer
We're looking for a TEST Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
The company is experiencing rapid growth, marked by its greenfield development approach to create new product modules. This expansion is characterized by the incorporation of the latest programming languages, tools, and frameworks to ensure cutting-edge innovation and stay ahead in the competitive market.
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on Backend Engineer experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js backend.
- 2+ years of experience in FinTech software engineering.
- Unit testing experience.
- Experience working in startups.
- Strong proactive communication skills.
- Experience with background workers.
- Experience working with queues (like SQS or similar) and messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc).
1. Java experience
2. Python experience
3. React.js experience
4. Code complexity, big O notation.
5. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 100 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 200+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.