Senior Engineering Manager
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Software engineering is at the core of Right Balance and the Senior Engineering Manager role is key to the company’s overall performance. In this role, you’ll be focusing on the three main aspects: sales, hiring, and management. Working closely with our Account Executive, Account Manager, and VP of Operations you’ll identify the needs of different technology organizations and work with technology executives on making their vision a reality. Last but not least, you’ll be managing an international team of software engineers around the globe in multiple companies propelling their careers to the next level.
What’s in it for you
1. Work with top-level CTOs, VPs of Engineering, and Directors from US-based startups.
2. Career growth opportunities in a rapidly growing company.
3. Working directly with the VP of Operations as a part of the management team.
4. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
5. Being able to help innovative companies make a positive impact globally.
1. 5+ years of full-time hands-on engineering management experience.
2. 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
3. Experience working with a sales team.
4. Hands-on experience managing engineering teams, budgets, projects, headcount, and external vendors.
5. Advanced written and verbal level of English.
6. Ability to have 6 hours overlap with the US Pacific Time zone.
Nice to haves
1. Hands-on coder today (even if rusty).
2. Hands-on experience interviewing engineers including live coding and architecture.
3. Experience working with US-based startups.
4. Growth stage startup experience.
5. Industry publications and/or presentations.
6. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale. Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ people going to 200 by the end of 2022.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges,getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving qualityoutcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.