Senior Front End Developer
We're looking for a strong senior-level Front End Developer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a global leader for app-driven in-store & campus technology that delivers digital media to screens and tablets for corporate TV, digital marketing boards, digital signage, and interactive kiosks using an intuitive content management console in the cloud. They enable retailers to maximize their floor space by using the power of the "endless aisle" where consumers are offered a broader assortment of products even in the smallest physical store environment. They improve the commerce experience by connecting brands, retailers, and consumers through beautiful smart software.
The retail landscape is undergoing major changes. Help us to build beautiful and elegant interactive experiences for brands and retailers to navigate these shifts in consumer behavior to weather the commerce evolution.
What’s in it for you
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
- 5+ years of professional full-time hands-on front-end coding experience (any of Angular, React, Vue, jQuery, Bootsrap, etc).
- 3+ years of experience with Angular.
- 2+ years of experience with CSS.
- Intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
- Experience working with RESTful Web Services.
- Expertise in Document Object Model and DOM Functions.
- Extensive knowledge in developing applications in a single page (SPAs).
- Experience writing unit tests and testing tools like Jasmine or Protractor.
- Competence in version control and deployment systems like Git, Bitbucket, and Bitbucket pipeline.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology working in a team environment, actively participating in retrospectives to improve practices.
- Experience working with back-end developers and UI/UX experts to ensure that the definition of done is fully satisfied.
- Drive performance tuning, contribute on unit and integration testing.
- Ability to embrace and institute best practices and coding standards within the team
- Experience composing detailed design specifications.
- Ability to contribute on 3D concepts, implementation and technologies along with fast prototyping.
Nice to haves
- Ability to remain aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success.
- Desire to pursue educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field.
- Willingness to perform all other related duties as required, assigned and understanding that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
- Ability to contribute on the WCAG 2.0 AA level.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 30+ engineers looking to double by the end of the year. The current client size team is over 40 engineers with close to 200 total employees, looking to keep growing fast and aiming to hire up to 150 new employees over the next year. It’s your opportunity to be a part of this growth making meaningful contributions in a team of highly skilled professionals.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning as well as open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.