Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a strong senior-level Node.js software engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Billions of dollars and countless wasted hours are spent on coin and prepaid card-driven systems, an unsatisfying 70 year-old technology ripe for digital transformation. Our client is bringing laundry day into the 21st century using machines that leverage innovative technology like IoT, digital interfaces, machine learning, and other patent-pending solutions to provide PMs peace-of-mind and giving residents a modern laundry experience.
In this role you’ll be working with internal and client-facing apps for the modern laundry experience. Most of the development will be using Express with NoSQL and Vue.
You’ll be a part of a small team led by a seasoned hands on CTO with over 20 years of experience making meaningful contributions to the codebase.
What’s in it for you
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
- 5+ years of hands-on full-time coding experience.
- 3+ years of Node.js / Serverless on the back-end
- 1+ years of cloud experience with AWS
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL
- Advanced verbal and written English.
- Some familiarity or desire to learn TypeScript
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Experience writing unit tests to identify malfunctions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Engineering expertise and tenacity to support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support).
- Experience integrating back-end API services.
- Strong performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Ability to provide troubleshooting as necessary in testing, QA and Production environments.
- Ability to Identify applications bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Nice to haves
- 1+ years of Experience with SPA (Vue preferred)
- Working experience in a proper Agile / Scrum team environment.
- Understanding how to properly use TypeScript, VueJs, Vue CLI, Vue Router, Vuex, and Vue DevTools to maximize code reusability, easily expand application functionality, and standardize UI style.
- Experience with online payment processors (Stripe)
- Experience implementing UI tests.
- Deep understanding of automated testing, ability to set up automated testing frameworks, testing architecture, data seeding, mocking, and implementing best testing practices.
- Growth stage startup experience.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Team management experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 50+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. The current client size team is 15+ people. This is an opportunity to build some foundational IoT technology in a small team of seasoned professionals.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning as well as open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.