Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
The co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
Our client has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
Our engineering team is distributed across Los Angeles, Toronto, and Latin America. As a pioneering member of the team, your primary focus will be to help continue to build the product from the ground up. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter who can work in a distributed team environment. This is a hands-on role. The day-to-day responsibilities are broad, and you will ultimately be responsible for shipping software
Come join us, it’ll be fun!
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
1. 7+ years of full-time hands-on Software Engineering experience.
2. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
3. 5+ years of work experience with Node.js backend.
4. 3+ years of full-time hands-on experience with React.js.
5. Unit testing experience.
6. Experience working in startups.
7. Strong proactive communication skills.
8. Ability to accomplish great things without much guidence or supervision.
1. Java/Spring experience.
2. Code complexity, Big O notation.
3. Can collaborate in a cross-functional team with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and early customers.
4. Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 150+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.