Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
We're looking for a strong Senior Full Stack engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a global leader for app-driven in-store & campus technology that delivers digital media to screens and tablets for corporate TV, digital marketing boards, digital signage and interactive kiosks using an intuitive content management console in the cloud. They enable retailers to maximize their floor space by using the power of the "endless aisle" where consumers are offered a broader assortment of products even in the smallest physical store environment. They improve the commerce experience by connecting brands, retailers, and consumers through beautiful smart software.
The retail landscape is undergoing major changes. Help us to build beautiful and elegant interactive experiences for brands and retailers to navigate these shifts in consumer behavior to weather the commerce evolution.
You’ll work with several teams including business development, data, and product to solve challenging problems using software development and automation. Our team culture is a unique combination of structured vision and process maturity. In this role, you will be developing innovative cloud solutions based on Serverless using NoSQL DB solutions for transmitting around 5TB of data per month between all Kiosk devices, support current integrations, including deploying integration components in development/production environments. Our frontend uses the latest version of Angular. Our backend microservices are written in Typescript using Node.js, running on AWS Lambda.
What’s in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 7+ years of full-time hands-on software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-in Node.js experience.
- 2+ years of working with AWS Lambda.
- 3+ years of MongoDB experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a technical real-time conversation.
- Experience of developing Cloud applications with API management and distributed microservices based architecture.
- Experience with data modeling and patterns using NoSQL database like MongoDB.
- Must be comfortable around both front & back end technologies, development frameworks and 3rd party libraries.
- Ability to challenge and improve the underlying technology stack.
Nice to haves
- Willingness to perform all other related duties as required, assigned and understanding that the items in this description are not all inclusive.
- Experience or burning desire to try TypeScript
- Ability to drive performance tuning, automation, monitoring and testability.
- Ability to reason through problems to reach solutions, troubleshooting ability, effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to see, type, speak on phone and work with various departments within the company.
- Serverless / AWS Lambda
- Experience with Web application development using Angular
- Good knowledge of Docker and deployment life cycle
- Ability to create and drive better metrics, monitoring initiatives to gain valuable insights from the cloud services
- Ability to troubleshoot all build and deployment issues
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200+ by the end of 2023. The current client size team is 50 people. It’s exciting to be a part of the solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.