Senior Full Stack Web Developer
We're looking for a strong senior-level full stack web developer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is the customer intelligence partner that empowers businesses to maximize customer-level profitability. The team (former Facebook, PayPal, and Stanford alums) has built a product that can predict individual customer lifetime value at the earliest point of customer contact and change how brands view their relationships with their customer. Using data science to predict future buying behavior of consumers and recommend actions that businesses can take around those predictions. As a full stack web developer, you’ll be responsible for developing robust, scalable full-stack deployment of Serverless web applications using Vue.js, AWS Lambda, Node.js, and FastAPI. Also, want to get your hands dirty with writing some data massaging code using R or Python? We have it as well. In addition to it, you’ll be a part of a team led by an AI technology leader and seasoned hands-on multi-startup CTO with over 15 years of experience.
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies for a venture-backed startup.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
- 5+ years of professional full-time hands-on coding experience.
- 3+ years of web front end development with Vue, React or latest Angular.
- 3+ years of web backend API development with any of Express / Koa or similar, FastAPI / Django / Flask or similar, Ruby on Rails, PHP (Laravel or Symphony, Yii, not Wordpress).
- The proven history of being productive with multiple languages the right idiomatic way.
- Working knowledge of UI/UX best practices and clear understanding of what makes good UX.
- Advanced verbal level of English.
- Experience working with AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Ability to lead by example, understand client’s goals, create and implement solutions to achieve them in a team setting.
- Experience working directly with a Product Manager, Designer, QA Engineer, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers in a highly collaborative and proactive way.
- Strong knowledge of scalable front end and backend API architecture, best practices, and tools.
- Use best practices for writing secure and reliable web applications.
- Passion for innovation and execution. Commitment to quality engineering.
- Expert level problem solver.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- 1+ year of hands-on Python.
- Develop interactive data science visualizations (includes the opportunity to learn the power of R Shiny).
- Experience with API integration.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field from a top-tier university (or equivalent industry experience at a major technology company).
- Expertise in ensuring cross-browser and cross-device compatibility.
- Experience in an Agile work environment with automated tests, and CI/CD.
- AWS Lambda experience.
- Serverless framework experience.
- Automated testing.
- Runtime complexity analysis using Big O notation.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 30+ engineers looking to double by the end of the year. The current client size team is over 40 engineers with close to 200 total employees, looking to keep growing fast and aiming to hire up to 150 new employees over the next year. It’s your opportunity to be a part of this growth making meaningful contributions in a team of highly skilled professionals.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning as well as open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.