Senior Fullstack Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client believes Creators should own their platform, not platforms owning the Creators.
Led by the former EVP Commerce at BuzzFeed and VC funded, our mission is to create the best user experiences that unlock financial empowerment for creators and that drive the transition to creator-owned platforms. We are at the forefront of the creator economy working with some of the most prominent creator talent. Committed to bringing on the best talent in the industry to deliver industry-defining solutions for creators who have amassed a meaningful following on existing platforms.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our fully remote team. The right candidate will have experience building consumer-grade applications, excellent cross-team communication skills, and is excited to build the best product. Our team is small, so you will have the opportunity to influence the engineering culture, product and engineering decisions, and roadmap.
Work in a new codebase. Our current stack includes React, TypeScript & NextJS for Frontend, Django for Backend, PostgreSQL for Data and AWS for infrastructure. Solve interesting challenges: we have high consumer traffic with rapid user growth. We’re using latest tools, languages, and frameworks, and committed to use innovative technologies to make an impact. It’s a fast pace tight code quality environment. This role will be reporting into our Engineering Lead who brings experience from Amazon & Google. Come join us, it’ll be fun!
Come join us, it’ll be fun!
What’s in it for you
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
1. 7+ years of full-time hands-on Fullstack Engineering experience.
2. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
3. 4+ years of backend experience with Python / Django or similar like Flask, FastAPI, Pyramid, etc, or Java / Spring.
4. 3+ years of Cloud Experience (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
5. Proactive communication.
6. Showing initiative to improve the codebase and processes.
7. Willing to take on any challenge outside of the comfort zone.
Nice to haves
1. Frontend experience.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
3. Can collaborate in a cross-functional team with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and early customers.
4. Knows how to design for high scalability where needed, can articulate tradeoffs in functionality, resources & speed. Uses the best tool for the job.
5. Passion for leveraging the newest technology.
6. Excited about our vision and building impactful products for our customers.
7. Experience with AWS and its products is a strong plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 150+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.