senior Backend Fullstack Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Software Engineering is at the core of Right Balance and the Senior Fullstack Engineer role is key to the company’s overall performance. In this role, you’ll be focusing on 2 things:
● Interviewing the best and brightest engineers. ● Coding our internal tools and applications.
We follow a robust battle-tested interview process including a deep dive into coding, architecture, general framework knowledge, and culture fit.
While interviewing will take 40% of your time, 60% of your time be focused on creating internal tools to automate away hours of manual work, making the team more efficient. Our stack is React.js on the frontend, Node.js on the backend, running on AWS using Serverless (AWS Lambda & API Gateway) on top of a NoSQL database.
What’s in it for you
1. Experience interviewing international top-tier engineers.
2. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
3. Career growth opportunities.
4. Being able to help innovative companies make a positive impact globally.
1. Hands-on experience interviewing engineers including live coding and architecture.
2. 7+ years of full-time hands-on Software Engineering experience.
3. 4+ years of experience with Node.js
4. 3+ years of experience with React.js (or Vue.js or latest Angular)
5. Advanced written and verbal level of English. Ability to have a real-time conversation in English.
6. Ability to have at least 6 hours overlap with the US Pacific Time zone.
Nice to haves
1. Experience working with US-based startups.
2. Tech lead experience.
3. Team management experience.
4. Growth stage startup experience.
5. Industry publications and/or presentations.
6. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale. Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ people going to 100 by the end of 2023.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.