senior Senior Fullstack Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is building a career platform for employees and recruiters built on the principles of data openness, quantitative evaluation, and self-improvement. The core of the platform is a data augmentation and analytics layer that helps users visualize an individual’s “human capital” with a single, intelligible score. A user's score quantifies their work experience and education, and is further enriched by proprietary data signals to provide a holistic ranking of professionals in the same functional role. Our goal is to help all users understand how everyone “stacks up” without having to parse individual resumes or LinkedIn profiles and ask for referrals or recommendations.
Our company has raised $26M to date–-although we are still pre-product. We have a remote global engineering team of 7 at the moment. Company leadership is based in Los Angeles. We are a fast moving startup that takes pride in a fast iteration style and transparency. We want to work with high-energy do-ers with heavy bias for action.
The backend API is built with Node.js using Nest.js framework. The frontend is React based using Next.js. It’s a green field project with no legacy code. Our data pipeline processes a large amount of data using Python running on AWS. Come join us, it’ll be fun!
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
1. 7+ years of full-time hands-on software engineering experience.
2. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
3. 3+ years of Nest.js backend experience (or 1+ years of Nest.js and 2+ years of Java / Spring or Go).
4. 2+ years of full-time hands-on React.js experience.
5. 1+ years of full-time hands-on Typescript experience.
6. 1+ years of full-time hands-on PostgreSQL experience.
7. Experience building scalable, consumer-grade APIs.
8. Previous experience working in a team larger than 2 people.
9. Collaborative with focus on iterative approach to problem solving.
10. Experience building complex, data-driven solutions.
11. Experience as a tech lead or high ownership ability.
12. Experience working in startups.
1. Automated testing.
2. 1+ years of full-time hands-on Nest.js experience.
3. Experience with FE testing packages like Cypress and Enzyme.
4. Experience with TDD and/or Integration testing (API level).
5. GraphQL experience.
6. Elastic Search experience.
7. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 150+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.