Senior Fullstack Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is an early stage company founded by a serial entrepreneur who has several successful exits under his belt. The company is in stealth, with the vision of capturing how people are feeling in the moment and leveraging these insights to improve their lives. The first product we're working on is the app called Super Simple Journal which will help people capture their in the moment thoughts in a seamless way.
Develop a green field project with the latest technologies including a real application of AI using LangChain, frontend using React Native, and the backend using Node.js. Work directly with the Founder & CEO of the company as a part of the founding team. Initial MVP will take 3-6 months with the vision of going to market, raising VC funds, and growing the team.
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
1. 5+ years of full-time hands-on fullstack software engineering experience.
2. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
3. 3+ years of full-time hands-on React Native experience.
4. 3+ years of full-time hands-on Node.js backend experience.
5. Proactive communication.
6. Ability to proactively request and solidify requirements as well as proposing solutions.
7. Startup experience.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to evolve your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 200 by the end of the year. The current client size team is 150+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.