Senior Fullstack Engineer
We're looking for a robust Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our team. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We are a USA-based company producing video solutions with the mission to advance scientific research and education. Our institutional clients comprise over 1,000 universities, colleges, and biopharma companies, including such leaders as Harvard, MIT, Yale, and Stanford. As a rapidly growing company, with offices in the USA, UK, Australia, and India servicing clients in over 60 countries, we are seeking talented individuals to join our company.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Engineer to help lead, develop, implement, and maintain a variety of applications, services and APIs used within our global content platform. You will work closely with all company departments to learn and understand the requirements needed to grow our current apps. If you are the kind of lead engineer who is passionate about bringing great products to life, being a rockstar engineer who loves working in a collaborative environment with your product partners and dependency teams, then we want to talk to you. Join us, it will be fun!
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Work remotely in the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, and have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face-to-face from their offices.
- 5+ years of experience working as a full-stack engineer.
- 3+ years of experience with back-end with PHP, using any tools like Lavarel,and Codeigniter (we use Symfony).
- 2+ years of experience with front-end (we use React).
- 1+ years of experience utilizing SQL.
- Understanding and implementation of cloud-native architectures (we use AWS serverless and containers) at scale in production.
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of software design principles such as SOLID and DRY with Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenancy application development.
- Embraces the concepts of Agile Scrum software development and its related collaboration and issue tracking tools (e.g., JIRA, Rally).
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) model, including GitHub and CI pipeline automation tools.
- Ability to triage and resolve incidents and lead incident investigations.
- Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason.
- Experience working in a 24/7 on-call, highly transactional or streaming production environment.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs, external frameworks, and libraries.
- Experience with data-driven architecture and systems design, RESTful APIs, and microservices architecture.
- Building a Kubernetes Operator is a plus.
- GraphQL experience.
- NoSQL experience.
- Experience working as a technical team lead in a squad.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company has already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 40+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. The current client team size is 25 engineers, expanding to 50 engineers by the end of this year. It’s exciting to be a part of this growth making some meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.