Senior Product Designer
We're looking for a strong Senior Product Designer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a rapidly growing SaaS startup that raised a $25.9M Series B round funding. They enable the world’s top real estate agents and brokers with award winning websites and cutting edge technology to manage their online presence. Moving fast to be a one stop shop for everything from websites to marketing services, they are already the official website partner to powerful brokerages like Compass, Corcoran, Sotheby’s, and Coldwell Banker.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will own the end-to-end product development process, partnering closely with cross-functional partners like product, engineering, research, data science, and content and create product design from early exploration to fully-fledged final UI.
If you are interested in building scalable designs to host thousands of small business websites or architecting an interactive editing experience for email marketing, join us!
What’s in it for you
1. Work with the latest and greatest technology tools for a venture-backed startup. 2. Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
4. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space. 5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
6. Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
1. A professional portfolio showing UI / UX design solutions brought to life during the professional career that demonstrates high-quality work.
2. 3+ years of full-time hands-on product design experience in a professional setting.
3. Extensive experience and track record working on end-to-end product design.
4. Able to have a conversation about technical details speaking and writing English in real time.
5. Experience working autonomously to influence decisions across teams.
6. Expertise with Figma in generating wireframes, designs, prototypes and specifications.
7. Expert-level understanding of design systems and working with Figma components across multi-product environments.
8. Excellent communicator and cross functional collaborator.
9. Interest in the real estate industry.
Nice to haves
1. Some knowledge of React or CSS but isn't required.
2. Expertise in Principle, Adobe After Effects or other tool for creating interaction design & animations.
3. Expert level understanding of design systems and components using Figma.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 10 - 15 engineers. The current client team size is 30 engineers expanding to 50 engineers by the end of this year . It’s exciting to be a part of this growth making some meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning, open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.