Senior QA Automation Engineer
We're looking for a strong Senior QA Automation Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a rapidly growing SaaS startup that raised a $25.9M Series B round funding. They enable the world’s top real estate agents and brokers with award winning websites and cutting edge technology to manage their online presence. Moving fast to be a one stop shop for everything from websites to marketing services, they are already the official website partner to powerful brokerages like Compass, Corcoran, Sotheby’s, and Coldwell Banker.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will be part of a team that is fully immersed in the challenges of abstracting HTML/CSS enabling real estate agents to build and customize their website. You will architect and develop tools, frameworks, and automated testing infrastructure to facilitate smooth software delivery. You’ll be joining the Website Product squad owning an engine responsible for rendering more than 2000 static pages a minute.
If you are interested in defining the automated testing strategy for web applications including contract testing for microservices, working jointly with team members, join us!
- Work with the latest and greatest technology tools for a venture-backed startup.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
- 5+ years of full-time hands experience in QA.
- Upper-intermediate to Advanced level of verbal English.
- Experience with CI/CD environments (we use CircleCI).
- Proficiency in multiple test automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience in developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
- Proven success working in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Experience with the Page Object pattern and designing test suites.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 50+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. The current client team size is 20+ engineers, expanding to 50. It’s exciting to be a part of this growth making some meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.