Senior QA Engineer
We're looking for a strong senior-level QA Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client just raised a $50M series B round of funding and is looking to double the engineering team in the next 6 months. It’s your chance to join a high-quality engineering team with the hands-on CTO from SpaceX, MySpace, and Honest Company.
Text messaging adoption is growing rapidly. Now, an average person spends 23 hours a week texting. The product is a text messaging automation software platform allowing E-Commerce store owners to do most of their customer communication over text messaging as opposed to old-school calls and emails.
The technology stack is React.js on the front end with Redux Saga, Storybooks, slick-looking UI with a custom design system, and an AI-powered conversation builder using the Canvas API.
The front end is powered by Python / Django backend API on top of a PostgreSQL database with Kafka processing high throughput text messages at the scale of 10s of millions of messages per day. Soon we’ll be adding NoSQL and Kubernetes into the mix. Join us, it’ll be a lot of fun!
What’s in it for you
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
- 4+ years full-time hands-on Quality Assurance experience.
- 2+ years full-time hands-on experience in a Technical Analyst role.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL with extensive experience in analytical techniques.
- 1+ years full-time hands-on experience with Cypress.
- 1+ years of Cloud Assurance experience.
- Intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
- Deep understanding of SDLC and experience applying that to execute test strategies.
- Proven track record of mitigating risks.
- Proven track record of test techniques.
- Proven track record of implementing successful test strategies including test plans and tools.
- Experience working with remote development teams.
- Experience with strategic goal setting and execution.
- Experience working directly with a Product Manager, Designer, Engineer, etc in a highly collaborative and proactive way.
- Strong desire to take ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to think outside of the box and work on the same project long term with a high degree of care.
Nice to haves
- B.S. in Computer Science or math.
- Understand testing concepts in applying test automation (risk assessment, priorities assessment, etc).
- Familiarity with cloud monitoring tools such as DataDog, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience working with AWS.
- ISTQB Foundation Level.
- Growth stage startup experience.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Team management experience.
- Open source contributions, presentations, and publications.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 30+ engineers looking to double by the end of the year. The current client size team is over 40 engineers with close to 200 total employees, looking to keep growing fast and aiming to hire up to 150 new employees over the next year. It’s your opportunity to be a part of this growth making meaningful contributions in a team of highly skilled professionals.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning as well as open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.