Senior QA Engineer
We're looking for a robust Senior QA Engineer to join our team. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
We are a leading independent, on-demand technology support service. Available 24/7 both in-home and remote, our company has a massive network of expert technicians nationwide dedicated to providing a top-notch customer experience for a wide range of services, including computer support, smart home device installation, home office setup, and more.
With both direct-to-consumer presence and deep integrations with retailers such as Walmart.com and Comcast Xfinity, we eliminate the headaches and hassle of product installation and maintenance.
We're seeking a senior QA engineer that knows both manual and automation testing, is able to write and execute test cases and automate them gradually, and can think critically about how to best support and enable software development while maintaining high quality and predictability. Join us, it will be fun!
What’s in it for you
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Work remotely in the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, and have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face-to-face from their offices.
- 5+ years of manual testing
- 1+ years of experience working with Cypress
- Ability to plan, design, and execute testing of software apps including mobile and desktop.
- Strong hands-on manual functional testing experience
- Strong testing automation experience via Cypress
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodology
- Knowledge of SQL, web services, and automation frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Review and analyze requirements and user stories, providing feedback to influence toward better understanding and testability of features and changes
- Write, maintain, and execute test plans for new existing features and update existing test plans that change
- Maintain a mindset to always improve and communicate throughout the development process
Nice to haves
- Experience in API and back-end testing
- A formal Computer Science or equivalent degree
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company has already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. It’s exciting to be a part of a solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
● Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own. ● Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done. ● Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.