Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
We're looking for a strong Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning and industry-leading customer service, they guarantee a perfect fit every time.
Just as we are on the cutting edge of men's fashion, we also strive to stay on the cutting edge of technology and we are looking to hire talented engineers. Our biggest goals on the technology team are to deliver the best possible customer experience, build solutions that adhere to high software engineering principles, and strive to maintain a positive culture where diversity and personal growth are highly valued.
Our new engineer will be at the beginning of the establishment of the new test suite system using Cypress. And will be expected to own the test automation for the main product of the company.
What’s in it for you?
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
7+ years of professional full-time experience working as a QA.
5+ years of professional full-time experience with QA automation
1+ years of Cypress experience.
Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English, able to have a
technical real-time conversation.
Experience architecting robust test automation suites
Ability to write clean and easy to understand automated tests
Experience testing responsible web applications
Ability to create a structure for writing test cases
Ability to write clean and easy-to-understand automated tests.
Nice to Haves
- A formal Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Selenium experience.
- Typescript experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. It’s exciting to be a part of a solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.