Site Reliability Engineer
We're looking for a strong Site Reliability Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a rapidly growing SaaS startup that raised a $25.9M Series B round funding. They enable the world’s top real estate agents and brokers with award winning websites and cutting edge technology to manage their online presence. Moving fast to be a one stop shop for everything from websites to marketing services, they are already the official website partner to powerful brokerages like Compass, Corcoran, Sotheby’s, and Coldwell Banker.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will design, operate, and maintain our AWS cloud infrastructure and provide frameworks, pipelines, and tooling for Engineering teams to support production applications design, deployment, and management. You will work with Infrastructure and Product Delivery teams, leverage tooling and automation to ensure the readiness of our Kubernetes clusters, improve observability, make sure our system scales, uptime performance, and support operational excellence practice. If you are interested in building scalable infrastructure to host thousands of small business websites, join us!
1. Work with the latest and greatest technologies for a venture-backed startup. 2. Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
4. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
5. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
6. Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
7. Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
1. 5+ years of total full-time hands-on experience with SRE / DevOps or SWE. 2. 2+ years of SRE / DevOps experience.
3. 2+ years of Kubernetes experience.
4. 2+ years of Cloud experience. (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure).
5. Able to have a conversation about technical details speaking and writing English in real time.
6. Understanding of Kubernetes components such as RBAC, Ingress controller, ServiceAccount, and role annotations.
7. Experience in automating releases, continuous integration/delivery systems, and relevant tools (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, GitlabCI, etc.).
8. Professional Experience with monitoring, observability systems such as Datadog and Prometheus.
9. On-call rotation availability for incident troubleshoot incidents.
1. 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer. Proficiency in Golang is a plus.
2. Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
3. Working knowledge of GitOps, FluxCD, or ArgoCD is a plus
4. Hands-on experience setting-up log aggregators as Fluentbit, FluentD, or LogStash. Experience setting up platforms like ELK stack or hybrids.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your projects?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 10 - 15 engineers. The current client team size is 30 engineers expanding to 50 engineers by the end of this year . It’s exciting to be a part of this growth making some meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current project is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
We value autonomy, grind, empathy, mastery, and giving back to the community. We expect you to be autonomous, working directly with the client to build the best product. We value hard work, helping each other, constant learning, open-source contributions, and knowledge sharing.