Software Development Engineer in Test-(copy)
We're looking for a strong Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning and industry-leading customer service, they guarantee a perfect fit every time.
Just as we are on the cutting edge of men's fashion, we also strive to stay on the cutting edge of technology and we are looking to hire talented engineers. Our biggest goals on the technology team are to deliver the best possible customer experience, build solutions that adhere to high software engineering principles, and strive to maintain a positive culture where diversity and personal growth are highly valued.
Our new engineer will be at the beginning of the establishment of the new test suite system using Cypress. And will be expected to own the test automation for the main product of the company.
Join us, it will be fun!
What’s in it for you?
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Work remotely in the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, and have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our
clients face-to-face from their offices.
- 3+years of professional full-time experience working as a QA.
- 3+ years of professional full-time experience with QA automation
- 1+ years of Cypress experience.
- Intermediate to upper-intermediate speaking and writing English, able to
have a technical real-time conversation.
- Knowledge of modern web technologies.
- Experience scaling web applications.
- Experience working with CDNs.
- Ability to write clean and easy-to-understand automated tests.
Nice to Haves
- A formal Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Docker experience (including the ability to support developers with the local
- Typescript experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. It’s exciting to be a part of a solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
- Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
- Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
- Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.