Software Engineer (Data)
We're looking for a strong Software Engineer (Data) Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
OOur client is a rapidly growing SaaS startup that raised a $25.9M Series B round funding. They enable the world’s top real estate agents and brokers with award-winning websites and cutting-edge technology to manage their online presence. Moving fast to be a one-stop shop for everything from websites to marketing services, they are already the official website partner to powerful brokerages like Compass, Corcoran, Sotheby’s, and Coldwell Banker.
As a Software Engineer (Data), you will be working on our data pipeline orchestrated by various open-source technologies. Data sources will vary from hundreds of data providers as well as from our very own platform analytics. You'll be joining a team primarily focused on providing accurate and consistent data to our platform and customers that care about shipping sustainable and tested solutions that will affect real-world real estate transactions. If you want to build scalable infrastructure to host thousands of small business websites or architect an interactive editing experience for email marketing, Join us, it will be fun!
What’s in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on programming experience preferably Python or one of Java, NodeJS, or Scala.
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices and infrastructure as Code.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
- Experience working with AWS or any other cloud providers.
- Proven success working in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
Nice to haves
- Experience setting up comprehensive testing, logging, and monitoring frameworks from the ground up.
- Familiarity with AWS ElasticSearch & messaging platforms such as Kafka/Kinesis
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups in the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale.
What is the length of your engagements?
Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years so you are able to grow your career with the company you are currently working in.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team has 60+ engineers going to 100+ by the end of the year. It’s exciting to be a part of a solid engineering team making meaningful contributions.
What happens if the engagement is completed?
Most of our engagements are long-term in nature. That said, if the current engagement is ramping down, we’ll present you with more long-term opportunities to transition into.
What are your core values?
● Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own. ● Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges, getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done. ● Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.