We're looking for a Team Lead. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our mission is to make life better. We’re creating a world where laundry actually gets done by people who enjoy doing it. We're the first nationwide marketplace for a personal laundry service, serving over 500+ cities throughout the United States. And we’re just getting started. We’re looking to grow our team with smart, fun, and innovative minds looking to make a real difference.
We strive to be an inclusive and diverse work environment full of ideas that challenge our assumptions while quickly acknowledging our mistakes. It’s a place where everyone receives guidance and feedback that is kind, specific, and sincere. While we all have individual priorities and areas of expertise, we're committed to the overarching idea that we learn today to be better tomorrow. The core values we hold shape our company culture, drive team cohesion and encourage personal growth.
You will have the opportunity to work with the CEO executing the vision of the company. Being the central point of contact for all engienering matters, managing a small team of software engineers delivering great results in a startup environment and apply machine learning techniques where approapriate.
1. Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
2. Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
4. 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
5. Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
1. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
2. 7+ years of hands-on full-time experience in software engineering.
3. 5+ years of hands-on full-time experience with Node.js.
4. 3+ years of hands-on full-time front-end experience with Angular, React.js or Vuejs.
5. 2+ years of hands-on full-time mobile experience.
6. 2+ years of hands-on full-time experience as a Technical Lead.
7. 2+ years of managing a small team under (not greater then) 12 people.
8. Experience in Venture Capital funded, post series A ($10M+ raised) B2C (Business to Consumer) startup.
9. Experience submitting apps into the App Store and getting through the review process.
10. Drive, ambition, and hunger for delivering great results.
11. Bias for action.
- Experience in B2C marketplace startup ("Uber for something specific" type of companies).
- Ionic experience.
- People management experience.
What are your typical clients?
The majority of our clients are venture-backed startups at the growth stage. Usually, at this stage, the company already achieved a product-market fit and is looking to expand rapidly. That’s where we bring the best engineering practices, strong architecture, and the latest technologies to help companies scale. Most of our long-term full-time engagements last multiple years.
What’s your company size?
The Right Balance team is 60+ engineers going to 100 by the end of the year. The current client size engineering team is around 12+ people. The timing is great to be a part of a rapidly growing team making meaningful contributions.
What are your core values?
Client First: we only win when our clients win. We treat client challenges as our own.
Ownership: we embrace responsibility, taking on challenges,getting them to completion, and enjoying getting things done.
Quality: we’re passionate about achieving quality outcomes by applying meticulous attention to detail.